Caution Against Social Engineering ...11.09.2020 21:31
Caution Against Social Engineering
It is a type of fraud in which the desired information is obtained through various persuasion and deception methods by exploiting people's emotions.
Detected fraud methods:
METHOD 1 PHONE:
Malicious people can call you, try to capture your personal information and prompt you to fulfill their requests. The methods to be used for this are:
- It creates an atmosphere of panic and rush and forces you to act without thinking. In this way, they aim to capture your account and password information or devices.
- Behaving angry and authoritative, tries to put pressure on you and scare you, in this way, to make you do what they want.
- You may be asked to share your personal and password information by calling the trusted institution and organization name for various reasons regarding credit card fee, insurance fee refund, transaction being made from your account.
ATTENTION: TRKPN BİLİŞİM does not attempt to sell products by calling or communicating written or verbal. It does not distribute gifts.
METHOD 2 SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Never click on links with content that gives free rewards (gift internet package, money support package, car raffle, prize, etc.) on social media. Never download applications from this and similar places. Never share your personal information, phone number or passwords sent to your phone, regardless of who they are.
- Do not accept your friendship requests from social media platforms.
- Since social media accounts can be seized frequently, even if they come from your friends, do not click on the links and files that you are not sure.
3. METHOD DIGITAL TOOLS:
Among the platforms most used by cyber attackers to reach their targets are email, websites and SMS. Scammers send fake emails that appear to be from a trusted institution. In fake emails:
- The malicious file can redirect you to a fake web page and infect your device with malware.
- With the small form file, they can try to get your personal and banking customer number, card information and password.
- They can demand money from you by including threats and blackmail.
FOR YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY, PLEASE NOTE THESE ITEMS
- DO NOT CLICK ON CONNECTIONS YOU CAN'T SURE
- PAY ATTENTION WHEN INSTALLING A NEW APPLICATION ON YOUR DEVICE.
- DOWNLOAD APPLICATIONS ONLY FROM SAFE MARKETS
- USE ADDITIONAL SECURITY METHODS SUCH AS PASSWORD, FINGERPRINT, AND FACE SCANNER.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR BANKING AND OFFICIAL TRANSACTIONS FROM UNSAFE DEVICES
- YOUR ANTIVIRUS BLOOD AND REMEMBER THE REGULAR UPDATES.